Dal Kachori (دال کچوری) is considered best food in Ramadan, specially at Aftari time. Many want to learn Moong Dal Kachori & Moong Dal Kachori Recipe. Here I’ill guide you easy way to cook Dal Kachori with simple recipe. You will learn to make kachori in both English & Urdu. So, whether you are Indian, Pakistan or living in Dubai, this simple recipe guide is really gonna help you.
Ingredients of Moong Dal Kachori Recipe – اجزاء
Stuffing – اسٹفنگ کے اجزاء
- 1/2 cup arhar ki daal (husked pigeon peas/yellow lentils), soaked for 5-6 hours
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp heeng (asafoetida) powder
- 2 tsp green chillies, or to taste
- 1 tsp chilli powder, or to taste
- 1 tsp khus khus (poppy seeds)
- 2 Tbsp tamarind pulp
- 2 tsp sugar
Cover – ڈو کے اجزاء
- 1 cup maida (refined flour)
- 3 Tbsp ghee/oil
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Oil for deep frying
How to Make Dal Khasta Kachori Recipe – Step by Step – ترکیب
- Drain dal (دال) and grind coarsely.
- Heat oil and add Zeera (ذیرہ). When it splutters, add ginger (ادرک), heeng, green chilies (سبر مرچ) and saute till the color changes a bit.
- Add dal (دال), salt (نمک), garam masala (گرم مسالحہ), chili powder, khus khas (خشخاش), coconut کوکونٹ and saute till it’s ‘fried’. Add about 1/4 cup water and cook till dal is cooked through. Mix in the tamarind and sugar and keep aside.
- Mix baking powder and salt into the maida. Rub ghee/oil into the maida, add water and knead into stiff dough. Rest, cover for 15 minutes.
- Make walnut sized rounds of the dal mixture.
- Break pieces of dough and roll into walnut sized rounds. Roll these flat into 1/4 inch rounds and pinch about 1/2 of the edge all around, leaving the center thicker.
- Now wet the pressed edges, and place a ball of the filling in the center. Bring the wet edges together, covering the filling completely, and pinch together to seal.
- Heat oil and deep-fry the kachoris, first over high heat, then over medium heat so that it cook’s through, and browns evenly.
Other Key Ingredients of Dal Kachori Recipe
pigeon pea, vegetable oil, cumin seeds, salt, asafoetida, green chillies, kashmiri mirch, poppy seeds, tamarind, sugar, flour, clarified butter, baking powder.